For enhanced safety and convenience, please use our contactless checkout and pick-up service to obtain physical library materials:
- Search @ trexler.muhlenberg.edu
- Select the item’s title
- Click the “place hold” button and sign in with your active Muhlenberg credentials (OneLogin)
- We’ll pull your items and check them out to you
- After your item has been prepared and checked out to you, you will receive an email, sent to your Muhlenberg email address, explaining three options for receiving your item:
- Come to the Library with your Muhlenberg ID and pick up the material yourself from the Muhlenberg Room on Level A. Please view the building hours and schedule your arrival accordingly. NOTE: If you live locally but do not have permission to access campus facilities, the email will provide you with an alternative method for picking up your library materials.
- Respond to the email with a preferred shipping address if you are currently residing off-campus and would like your material mailed to you. NOTE: We will not be mailing material to those who live locally. If you live locally but do not have permission to access campus facilities, the email will provide you with an alternative method for picking up your library material.
- Request a scan of selected pages, sections, and/or chapters of the item to be sent to your Muhlenberg email address. NOTE: In accordance with the Fair Use doctrine, only 20% of a work can be scanned and emailed to you.
You will have 5 days to either pick up your material or respond to the email before it will be checked back in and reshelved.
With the contactless checkout service in place, Trexler Library will not be conducting in-person checkouts. To ensure equity, any item that is brought to the Lending Service desk for checkout will need to be reviewed to confirm that no prior holds have been placed by other patrons via Encompass Search. If there are no holds on the item, the item will be checked out to you by the next business day and you will receive an email indicating the item is ready for you. If there are prior holds on the item, an Interlibrary Loan request will be placed for you to expedite your ability to get the item you need.
Thank you for helping keep Trexler Library safe!